How Ocean Equity Release Can Help You
Equity release is a method of releasing some of the money in your property, without having to sell it.
- The amount of equity you can release depends on your age.
- How much your property is worth.
- How much you choose to borrow.
Releasing equity from your property is an important decision. To ensure you make the choices that are right for you, we will have several conversations or meetings to discuss all options available to you. We also work closely with local firms of solicitors to give you independent advice on all aspects of the equity release process.
For our advice, we either charge a fixed fee, or a percentage of the amount you borrow. This is discussed in more detail with you in our first meeting. The fee is only payable once you have received your funds.
If you decide at any stage of the process not to proceed, no fees are payable.
Equity Release in 2019 is very different from 10-15 years ago, and now has a much better reputation. This is for a variety of reasons.
- There has been increased regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- An increase in available products, and new innovations such as no negative equity guarantees.
- Mortgages that offer a ‘no negative equity guarantee’ mean that the mortgage outstanding will never exceed the value of your property.